Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing # 6 Beyond I E

I downloaded firefox then had to download Adobe Flash Player then firefox prevented me from downloading LibX. I had to click allow before it would download LibX. Now I have the LibX toolbar in my firefox browser.

LibX is an excellent tool to use to find just about any book or journal in the Library.
I can see where it is very useful.

I tried to download Dictionary Search several times with no success. Every time firefox says restart and I click on the restart it says " firefox will try and restore your tabs and windows when it restarts" that is telling me I will probably lose something when it restarts so that is not very comforting.

I then tried and succeeded to download Google toolbar and that was successful.

I think it is good to have a choice in browsers so you can use the one you that is easy to use and you are comfortable with. The plug ins and add ons are not always successful with firefox but some seem to work. I am writing this blog on firefox and just hope it goes through. As you see I am not very trusting of this browser yet.

1 comment:

  1. I think most people fall in love with Firefox once they get used to it. I rarely use IE.

    ReplyDelete