Friday, April 24, 2009

Thing # 9 Wikis

Wikis are a great way to have instruction manuals that everyone can contribute their knowledge and experience to. I would like to set up a Wiki for Library Systems Students so they can have an electronic way of looking up things and adding to it instead of having to look it up in our binder that I try to keep up to date. They never want to add to the binder, unless I tell them to, but they would add to a Wiki. Mikey is going to help me set one up under Library Systems Team for internal use only.

pbwiki seems a good way of starting your own wiki.

Wikipedia is great and I use it to look up information. I understand that it is not Encylopedia Brittanica but it has helped me. It was interesting to learn how to edit the information on Wikipedia and it was good to know that they vet new additions. I think it has more a positive impact personally but I am not a Librarian.

1 comment:

  1. i agree that we could put some great training stuff up on wikis.

    ReplyDelete